DECA had an amazing run at State Competition! In order to move on to Nationals students had to place in the top 7 of their competitive event. Fifteen students went to State representing Menomonie and a total of 7 students have qualified for spots to compete at Nationals in Atlanta, GA at the end of April. Here are a few highlights we want to share with you!
- Ireland McRoberts and Corinne O’Dell 3rd Place for their Community Service (Mr. Menomonie) Project.
- Emma Levendowski and Delaney Bignell 3rd Place for their Learn and Earn (Stang Nation Sign Sales) Project
- Erica Kinnard 2nd Place for her Fashion Merchandising Promotion Plan
- Ally Neidermyer and Emma Levendowski 4th Place School Based Enterprise
- Erica Kinnard Automotive Services 2nd Place
- Mackenzie Brooks Human Resources Management 5th Place
- Trent Weber medaled in a role play for Principles of Marketing
- Ally Neidermyer was a finalist (top ten) for Quick Serve Restaurant
- Erica Kinnard received Gold Student recognition
David Muñoz, Principal
- Anti-Bullying Event -Tuesday 3/6/18 – no schedule change but rolling 9th grade field trip – Mrs Musser with details below
~March 6th – Anti Bullying Trailer Sponsored by US Army
~All Freshmen students will participate The trailer will be “running” every hour of the day with 30-35 students participating each hour.
~Current Health classes will use their class time to view the presentation
~First semester and summer health students will be assigned a time/hr based on seat availability and report to the health room (129) for attendance with Mrs. Musser. Guidance will deliver their assigned time on Monday.
~An announcement will run from Thurs-Mon giving freshmen information about the day.
~A message will go to parents/guardians on Thurs/Friday explaining the field trip.
~Attendance will be given to Martha
~Students should touch base with the teacher whose class they are missing. ~Teachers should allow them to make up any assignments/work.
- Staffing Update – DEM – what I’m thinking and what I’m working on developing for possible board approval – big picture building level FTE’s [math hire – interviews pending]
- Very large numbers in Art and Theater – I would like to support
- April 20th PD Plan – finish all BYOC work – whole day building work time after donuts and apples [see past documents] – let me know what I can do to help finish – show this byoc document to the MHS staff necessary in order to complete
- This will be a public document for the first time in the BYOC
- Payments to State University Spending [youth and course options] now in excess of $25,000 – this is something that I used to budget $6,000 a year for …. This is site money
Which means I need to reduce department spending or other spending like paper or field trips or something in order to pay these bills
- I’m hopeful that the new laws and policies bring this number down but I’m not sure as it’s brand new
- While I’m supportive of providing opportunities for all of our students the course options laws that I presented to team leader when it was new have been very difficult to manage from a building financial perspective.
- School Safety –
- Talked about a more real ALICE drill with callouts via PA in terms of locations for an intruder
- Use PD day on April 20th as ALICE setup for non-barricade drill
- Sub Training