The MHS Volleyball team helped raise over $5,000 for cancer on Thursday evening with Rice Lake which is simply amazing! Great Job Mr. Davis and Team!!! Mrs. Hostetter and I attended an international exchange student get-together Sunday at a local home with all of the students and families. We have a diverse and active group of exchange students this year. The Cross Country Teams are headed into their Conference Tournament this weekend but had fun and food cooking cakes which is a now an established tradition. [Regardless of what anyone tells you I only had small pieces when testing:)] MHS Students and Staff have settled into the 18/19 school year with many clubs and activities in full force including FBLA and Forensics with Boys Soccer playing to a 0-0 tie against Chippewa Falls. Reminder to Staff: Our connections to students in and out of the classroom are critical for keeping them connected to the learning. Special Congratulations to Lexi Hastings and Lindsey Johnson as they continue their undefeated season winning their first few matches at state. Multiple classroom teachers continue to construct active lessons that are engaging and fun to watch including a theater class I was in earlier this week followed by lively debates in one particular history class highlighted by the Environmental Biology Class helping the Optimist Club plant 20 trees at Hoffman Hills. Keep posting on twitter if you choose @mhsmustang1 and I’ll continue to retweet all that you are doing in and out of the classroom with our students. If you aren’t comfortable using Twitter which is perfectly OK feel free to email me pictures with a blurb about what it is and I’ll get it out via the high school account. You will always be able to see the feed in this blog or the high school website.
– SDMA OPTIONAL BENEFITS PRESENTATION WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 17TH AT 3:15 PM IN THE TIERED LECTURE HALL – DR. ZYDOWSKY AND MRS. LEAH THEDER PRESENTING
– ACP Day with students moved to Tuesday October 23rd
– Thursday OCT. 18th PD – Morning is District time; Afternoon is Building directed [MHS Staff Meeting on 10/18 from 1-1:30 pm – other time not assigned by district or school is reserved for department time and/or work in your room]
***********SDMA PD Below for October 18th ***************
Greetings SDMA Staff!
Thursday, October 18, 2018 is our next PD day in the district. For specifics, please consult the October 18 PD Day Schedule.
Below are some highlighted items for the day:
- There will be a building level (main office) clerical meeting from 8 to 9 AM at the ASC facilitated by Director of Business Services, Leah Theder.
- All K-5 staff will meet at River Heights unless specifically directed otherwise.
- 4K-2 instructional staff will be working with Jessica Cabeen, author of Hacking Early Learning and 2017 MN Principal of the year from 8 to 11:30 AM, and K-2 with FOSS Science consultants in the afternoon.
- 3-5 will be working with FOSS Science consultants in the morning and then with district staff related to state assessment updates by grade level, and technology support and facilitated work time in the afternoon.
- 6-12 staff will spend the morning in vertical collaboration by departments and the afternoon in their assigned buildings in the afternoon for 6-8 and 9-12 specific PD. Please print the course outline from the “Print Course” link within BYOC in preparation for this time.
- Previously identified staff will also be participating in NVCI training facilitated by Director of Student Services Tonia Kowieski.
- Para Educators should attend sessions at the levels they serve unless scheduled otherwise by their immediate supervisor(s) i.e. those attending the NVCI training, or directed otherwise.
Please reach out to your building principal, immediate supervisor, or me if you have any questions related to the upcoming PD Day.
Thanks, and Go Mustangs!
Brian G. Seguin
Assistant Superintendent of Instruction
School District of the Menomonie Area